Monday, March 3, 2014

Manicure Monday: Gold Geometric


Whilst browsing stationary in WH Smith, we've all done it haven't we? I saw that they had a gold Sharpie and I remembered this post I had read on The Beauty Department and thought I'd give it a go as nail art and you know what it turned out not half bad!



I went for a gold Sharpie but they also had a silver one and a 3 pack with gold, silver and bronze if you want to go all out. I first started with a base coat, I would really recommend a base coat especially if your base colour is a dark colour like I've gone for as it helps with longevity and also protects against the colour staining your nails.

I then applied two coats of my base colour, I went for a dark blue almost black colour as I wanted the gold to really pop!

Leave this to dry fully, I'd say around 30-60 minutes, otherwise you'll end up marking it with your pen. Once dry take your Sharpie and draw your design, I went for a geometric alternating pattern, both patterns using a base of vertical stripes 

Here's the important bit, leave your Sharpie design to dry fully, about another 30-45 minutes then go in with a really thick layer of top coat that you apply as fast as you can in 1-2 brush strokes. Otherwise you'll smudge all your hard work and if you don't put on a top coat at all you're design will rub off over the day. That's it, intricate looking nail art without all the faff!

I used Nails Inc Kensington Caviar base coat, Nails Inc Motcomb Street, Gold Sharpie marker (not online but I picked it up from WH Smiths) and Essie Good to Go top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment