Monday, April 15, 2013

Manicure Monday: Robin's Egg

Robin-egg-nails5

It may not feel a lot like spring outside, but with the clocks going forward not all that long ago we are very much into spring, freezing and snowning spring! Today the sun is out and it is slowly starting to feel like springtime!

What better way to feel in the springtime spirit (apart from doing a huge cleaning job) then to paint your nails in pastel colours, and today I've gone for a speckled egg look like robin eggs to get me more in a spring mood.

essiecandyapple1

First I started with my usual base coat, I always swear by this one after last time using this colour and opting for a different base coat which ended up in me having yellow stained nails for a couple of months! I then did two coats of a mint green colour, you can't beat Essie's Mint Candy Apple for this!

speckledeggnails

After letting these dry throughly I then applied one thin layer of a glittery top coat to make the speckles, for this I used OPI Spark de Triomphe as these seemed a good fit from my collection, alternatively if you didn't want to go glitter and more of speckle you could use the L'Oreal confetti top coat which is new out and widely available at drugstores. 

speckled-egg-nails2

And there go you its as simple as that, spring nails, even those in fear of nail art won't be put off by this! 

signature4
lined5 lined5

No comments:

Post a Comment