Monday, October 1, 2012

Manicure Monday: Autumn Colours

DSC02574 DSC02552  DSC02577
DSC02586  DSC02606 DSC02634  DSC02621 DSC02622
As we have dived head first into autumn and the jackets, coats and scarves are rediscovered from the back of my wardrobe, it is sadly the time to put away  the bright summery nail colours I have been loving for the past few months and time to wear more autumn colours. Here are my three nail colour picks for autumn...

  • A brown toned nude, this is a great autumn colour that can work for everyone. If your not looking to make a bold statement with your nails and just something low key but still in-keeping with the autumn weather then a brown toned nude is the perfect option. Here I have gone for Nails Inc Basil Street one of their signature shades and is such a great nude that isn't too sheer but yet is very low key.

  • A dark purple, what is autumn without plum purple colours! If you want to wear a dark nail then a dark purple is on trend for autumn and not as harsh as a dark red that is more for the winter months. A dark purple is a great bold choice for autumn and in my choice here I have gone bold and to the dark side! Not as in Star Wars but I have gone on the darker end of the spectrum for a dark purple, and it is Nails Inc Suffork Street which I think was a limited edition in a set that I got but there are plenty of similar dark purples out there!

  • A dull red, this sums up autumn for me in a nail polish, not a dark red verging on black and not a full on bright red, but something in the middle, I think a dull red with a hint of coral works best here, but as I don't have one of these in my nail polish collection I have gone for just a dull red without the coral, but either are in my colour picks for autumn. This is the in middle colour of my three picks, not as safe as a nude neutral but not as bold as a dark purple, just for those who feel in-between the two of my other colour picks.

And whilst I was outside taking photos Toby cat decided he was interested and I snapped the last photo whilst he was being mischievous and climbing things!

What are you wearing on your nails this autumn? What do you think of my three autumn colour picks?
signature4
lined5bunting_twitterbunting_fbbunting_bloglovinbunting_youtubelined5

No comments:

Post a Comment