Monday, September 17, 2012

Manicure Monday: Essie Fiji

DSC02496 DSC02505

As this is the latest addition to my ever growing nail varnish collection I thought I would wear this colour all week, and as it is more of a spring/summer shade it should have its debut now before the weather turns for autumn.

I originally brought this to wear on holiday but I never got round to changing Bikini So Teeny so this is my post holiday shade which reminds me of the sun, sea and sand I so desperately want to go back to. Fiji is a very light but opaque pink, it is unlike all my other light pink shades as these are all sheer in their formula. I've heard that this shade was quite difficult to apply with the old original Essie brush but as I got this in Superdrug from the diffusion line it came with the new wider brush and was very easy to apply. All I needed was two coats for it be be completely opaque which is what you want from a shade that claims to be opaque.

I really like the colour of Fiji, there is something quite unusual about it being such a light but solid colour, and I've read on other reviews it looks great with a tan, shame that I'm still so pale after my holiday but I still think it looks great on paler skins like mine. Its a very easy to wear shade, although being obvious on the nail it does not scream loudness like some/ most of my nail colours in my collection do. It could be easily worn to work or perhaps a wedding because it is just such a 'pretty' shade. Essie you've done it again with another great formula and even better shade I can easily see why it was in the top sellers section on the Essie counter. 

Have you tried Fiji and what were your thoughts on it? Are you an Essie fan?
signature4
lined5bunting_twitterbunting_fbbunting_bloglovinbunting_youtubelined5

3 comments:

  1. Love love loveee this colour :D had my eye on it for a while and really want to get my hands on it :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful colour :)

    i found you from the #bbloggers blog hop :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a lovely colour! x

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete