Thursday, September 13, 2012

Real Techniques Blush Brush

DSC02161 DSC02158 DSC02156

I brought this brush not long before I went on holiday and it's not my first Real Techniques purchase and won't be my last, I just love them! For those of you who don't know Real Techniques is the makeup brush line designed by Samantha Chapman (one half of Pixiwoo) who is a staple YouTube beauty blogger. The quality and shapes these brushes come in are just amazing and ever so soft to work with and can be purchased from Boots. My first purchase was the core collection and I now don't know what I'd put on my foundation with if I didn't have the buffing brush in my life, I also have the kabuki brush which is a great all-rounder in my opinion, and I have now added the blush brush to my collection.

On first impressions it is quite tapered large brush and I was skeptical on how it would apply blusher, but with being quite large the taper works perfectly to apply blush right on your cheekbones and contours brilliantly with bronzer. I use this more with bronzer at the moment, and I skip between using this and the Real Techniques kabuki brush depending on whether I want to look more contoured (I use the blush brush) or if I just want a slight hint of bronze all over my cheeks or face (I use the kabuki brush). I have tried it with powder blush, and just a dab and swipe across the apples of your cheeks are all you need so this really does ease application, but I have been using cream blushers lately as they have better lasting power in summer and this brush is made just for powders. I find that the Real Techniques contour brush which also come with the core collection is very good for blending out cream blushes after applying them with your fingers.

For the £9.99 price tag this brush carries the quality feels like it should be a lot pricer and is super soft synthetic bristles, it also comes with a large base which is designed so that it can stand up on its own, this is a bit of a pointless feature if you ask me and just makes it harder to fit in my brush mug. Real Techniques are my favourite brushes right now, and the starter set is already on my christmas list!

What do you think of Real Techniques brushes? Which one is your favourite?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

3 comments:

  1. I really need to treat myself to some of these brushes! They just look so good!
    I found you through the bbloggers blog hop, You have such a lovely layout :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only tried the stippling brush from RT but would love to try the rest of the range, great review, found you through the blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely loving Real Technique brushes :) i just finished my collection because Boot.com were having a buy 1 get 1 half price offer on, couldn;t resist haha :)

    Just stumbled across your blog though #bbloggers #bbloghop and i'm your newest follower :) hope you'll stop by and take a wander through mine too :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete