Monday, September 10, 2012

Manicure Monday: Holiday Nails

DSC02320 DSC02328 DSC02337

I'd just like to start off by apologising for my absence for a month, August was just kind of a write off in terms of blogging as I had been working a 7 day week, yep that's right no days off, and the evenings I did have free when I beat the M25 traffic I had so much household stuff to catch up on and other essentials like trying to muster up the energy to have dinner. This was all because I managed to get some work experience at a solicitors practice whilst still working my weekend shop job. My work experience was originally given to me to last 2 weeks, but 4 weeks later I was still there, which can only be a good thing, but sadly it is now over and at the end of it I had my proper summer holiday booked which I only came back off yesterday. So from now on I'm going to do my best to make blogging a part of my life. 

On to the actual post, Manicure Monday, as I have just come back from the sunny south of France I thought I would do my Manicure Monday on the one nail varnish I wore the most on holiday which was ... Essie Bikini So Teeny, surprise surprise! This has been such a popular colour this summer it was almost impossible to track down, I even started to panic I might not be able to get hold of it before my holiday, but after visiting about six Boots and Superdrugs there it was finally!

It is just a perfect colour for a sunny holiday, it's a powder blue with a hint of shimmer which just goes with sunny days like a match made in heaven. It also went with a lot of my summer outfits and my blue and turquoise bikinis so all in all this was really the only colour I needed on holiday, although I did also take Essie Fiji. The shimmer is not noticeable from a distance but up close it does give the colour a added special something, and powder blue but is not wishy washing like the Nails Inc Instyle Bluebell which is the only other similar colour I have, Bikini So Teeny blue packs more of a punch and a better impact on the nails. I have also noticed it dries a slightly different colour to what it goes on wet, it has a noticable hint of purple in the blue when first applied but this goes once it has dried. The formula is excellent as most Essie's are and the new diffusion line brush means a speedy application, and I've used two coats in the pictures here which lasted about 4 days on holiday before chipping with using a top and base coat, and that was with being on the beach and swimming in the sea a lot.

To sum this colour up would be holiday nails in a bottle! Have you tried Bikini So Teeny? What do you think of this colour?
signature4

6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment