Monday, July 16, 2012

Manicure Monday: Rainy Day Colour

DSC01576 Diptic-5

I thought I should start off by saying sorry for my absence and lack of posts over last week, I was on holiday in the Lake District and unfortunately our cottage had no wifi and then when I got there I found I had absolutely no phone signal to even use the internet on my phone! But as you will see by the last post below I did manage to find some free wifi on an outing to Ambleside and managed to post one holiday related post. I'm back now have lost of posts lined up and will be posting everyday this week!

Back to the present day and it's Manicure Monday. Last week I wore a bright colour to help bring out the sun on holiday, and it did kind of work as the weather wasn't too bad, but now I'm home the weather is so un-July like and has been raining all day, so I thought I'd paint my nails a rainy day colour, and so it's not all so grey and gloomy I added a mint green accent to liven things up.

I painted my nails all over in OPI's I Have a Herring Problem from their SS12 Holland collection, which is a recent buy from the Asos sale (here). I used two coats of I Have a Herring Problem, and it does need two or three good coats as it is quite sheer going on with the first coat. I do love this colour, it's not a bright colour but a lovely blue with a hint of green and a very slight sparkle. I then used Essie's Mint Candy Apple from the new diffusion line launched in Boots and Superdrug, as a mint green accent. To do this I used the thin part of the new brush, you need to turn the brush on its side to the way you would usually use it, I then striped across freehand, and went over very delicately any bits that I had missed out or needed a bit for filling in, and hey presto it was as easy as that!

It is a lot easier to do using your dominant hand and it may not be completely perfect freehand, and for those of you who are not confident enough to try freehand, have a shaky hand, or want a pin perfect line you could use scotch tape as a line guide or french manicure strips if you have some of the straight ones, but make sure you wait an hour or two for your base colour to dry first! Freehand draw or not a colour accent to your nails is dead easy and adds an extra pop of colour and transforms plain polished nails into something a bit more interesting!

Give it a go, and let me know what you think! What colour combinations do you like on your nails?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! The colours go really well together :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just playing round with a few and these two seemed to suit the dull rainy weather. xox

      Delete