Monday, July 30, 2012

Manicure Monday: Olympic Medals

DSC02011 DSC02022 L-R 17 Magnetized in Gunmetal (used without the magnet), OPI Spark de Triomphe, Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment, Nails Inc Old Park Lane, and Nails Inc Chelsea Square
DSC01952  DSC01942gg DSC01979  DSC02011

As London 2012 has officially started I thought I'd do an Olympic themed manicure this week for Manicure Monday, this was inspired by the Olympic medals, gold, silver and bronze, and it's jam packed with glitter! 

1. I took my chosen gold, Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment, and this glitter is really packed with glitter so I didn't use a gold metallic as a base, it was opaque in 2 coats! You might want to put a gold metallic underneath a gold glitter if yours doesn't go opaque. I then chose my base silver, and I went for 17 Magnetized in Gunmetal, and I didn't use the magnet as I wanted a dark silver base. I then chose my bronze base, which Nails Inc Old Park Lane is a lovely antique rose gold which fit s beautifully for bronze.

2.  I painted my middle finger in gold, to act as the centre, I then painted my ring and index fingers with 2 coats of 17 Magetnized in Gunmetal, I then painted my thumb and little finger in Nails Inc Old Park Lane.

3. Then for the rest of the glitter, I went for OPI Spark de Triomphe for silver and Nails Inc Chelsea Square for bronze.

4. I then went over my ring and index fingers with one coat of Spark de Triomphe, so you can see the 17 Gunmetal silver just showing through as a base. Then, as Chelsea Square is Just like Chelsea Embankment, jam packed with glitter, and for bronze I wanted some of the Old Park Lane showing through soI took a lot of the glitter off the brush before I did one light coat on my thumb and little finger. 

And there you go, podium Olympic nails manicure!

Let me know what you guys think of my Olympic manicure? Have you been wearing any Olympic themed nails?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment