Friday, July 27, 2012

Recent Buys #1


I've done a bit of shopping recently, so I thought I'd share what I have brought, and I've probably spent a bit more than I usually would but I blame that on the summer sales and all the tempting bargains. Most blogs I read have haul posts, but I really don't like the word 'haul' so I calling mine 'recent buys'.


First on to the beauty buys, as you can see after buying Nars pressed powder in Flesh, which I really like, I couldn't resist picking up Nars Laguna bronzer too, this was a bit of a treat to myself as I had wanted it for ages and saw it on Asos so I took the plunge. Also in my Asos order I also picked up OPI I Have a Herring Problem for £7.50 from their sale, which I feautred in my Manicure Monday: rainy day colours post. As well as the OPI I also picked up two new Essie's to add to my nail varnish collection, I got these from the new diffusion line launched in Boots and chose Mint Candy Apple and Cute as a Button, two of their most popular shades.

Other makeup I've picked up was a Topshop creme blush in Head Over Heels, I'm loving wearing this at the moment and the creme formula is great in the hot weather we have been having, and it's such a nice coral shade for summer. And like every other beauty blogger I could not resist picking up one of the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Cherish, this is a bit bright on my lips so I don't wear it as an everyday shade, it's really just for evenings out, well for me anyway.

I also made an order with Escentual.com for some skincare bits where I picked up a new moisturiser as my skin has been  really dry recently and my foundation has been looking very bad and flaky sitting on top of my skin. I chose La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche as I do also have sensitive skin to help sort out my foundation nightmare, and it has definitely improved the problem, but not sorted in completely, and I do think it's time for me to invest in a tinted moisturiser for these times where my skin chooses to be difficult, I have my eye on the Laura Mercier one! I also got some sun protection for my summer holiday, which has come in handy with the heat wave this week, also from La Roche-Posay and I got the Anthelios XL SPF50+ Melt-In Cream, which is just a great high protection sun protection for my face.


I then also went a bit shopping mad on new clothing, first I got a lovely sheer printed shirt from the River Island sale, which is right up my street as I have a few sheer printed tops in my wardrobe already. I then also treated myself to some much needed new shoes, as I seems to have lots of boots but as summer starts to creep in I need some nice flats that aren't always my Topshop salmon ballet pumps, I found these navy suede loafers in the sale at French Connection which suit my annoyingly narrow feet perfectly. Finally I popped in Gilly Hicks which has recently opened in Kingston, and I got this lovely bikini reduced to under half the price in the sale, and I also picked up two tops which where also in the sale, on v-neck t-shirt and a polo shirt.

Ok I know I have been on a bit of a spending spree but these were all brought over June and July, and I have already got my eye on quite a few beauty bits, what beauty addict hasn't!

Have you brought any good bargains in the summer sales? Or been on any great shopping sprees?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment