Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Favourite Ballet Pumps


Topshop's vibrant salmon ballet pumps are definitely the shoe I'm wearing the most at the moment, with it not being hot enough for sandals yet! I have just repurchased my third pair of these after wearing my last 2 out. These are great paired with skinny jeans for everyday or with a dress for evenings out. Topshop do a range of colours in these ballet pumps but I always pick the salmon because this colour goes with any outfit and always looks great, and this colour looks like real ballet shoes.

I like to wear these with skinny jeans as I think they are the perfect type of shoe as they aren't too bulky, in fact they are really very thin, and if you are like me and have very thin feet, and find it hard to fit into shoes without a huge gaping gap on top or round the sides, then these fit flawlessly. They are also the shoe I try fit in my handbag on a night out because I know my heels will start to kill me before the end of the night!

They are constructed like real ballet shoes so they aren't hard wearing and they soon start looking a bit tatty and worn. My first pair wore out pretty quickly with the salmon colour peeling off within 2 months of wear and I know that these are prone to tearing, but I am happy to say my last pair have lasted over twice as long as the first pair, with eventually the inner soles coming loose any annoying me so much by bunching up so I decided it was time to re-buy them.

As for comfort these are only ok, this is because they are just flat and if you are walking around a lot these aren't going to support your feet much and they will start to ache, but they are great for shorter outings. Another thing I have found is that the soles are very thin so you can feel a lot of bumps when you walk in them and if you accidently step on a stray piece of gravel it will hurt like hell! However these are still my favourite ballet pumps, lets face we don't tend to focus on comfort when we are buying shoes, it's more what they look like and these look amazing on!

You can pick up at pair at Topshop or online here for £16.
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

1 comment: