Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Walking Holiday Beauty Essentials

A beautiful view from one of our walks of Ullswater lake
As I have said on twitter and in my Saturday Outfit post, I am away this week in the Lake District with my boyfriend's family, and the main thing to do here is walk in the beautiful countryside surroundings. However all the walking does take its toll and there are a few beauty items which I have relied upon to keep my skin, face and body in check. These products are what I have found great for a walking outdoorsy holiday, and I'm sure my beauty essentials will differ when I go on my summer holiday to Cannes in September.

The first is Tiger Balm, an absolute lifesaver on aching shoulders and leg muscles, small amount rubbed in soon relives the aches and pains allowing you to relax in peace and raring to go for the next walk. It's smell isn't to everybody's taste as it has quite a strong menthol and spicy odor but I actually like it.

A lip balm is also very much an essential, one which I have been carrying around with me on all the walks. I have Nivea Pure & Nautral Milk and Honey, which I really like the flavour of on my lips, and as I have been carrying it about everywhere I go a lip balm in stick form is an advantage with easy and clean application on the side of a hill.

Sudocrem (60g), an essential on any holiday or just in general in my opinion, I use this for just about anything and everything, bites, scratches, spots, sore patches, is basically my universal cream. I have larger tub at home and I have brought a small sized tub to take away with me which is just the right size to take on a holiday.

Hc45 Hydrocortisone Acetate Cream 1% (15g), I original brought this with me for my eczema, as it is a milder version of my steroid cream I use for flare ups, and this little tube is a great size to take away unlike the 200ml one I have prescribed. I haven't had to use it much as my eczema hasn't been bad, but it has been a saviour to my boyfriend who has been bitten to death by mosquitos and this can also be used to treat insect bites and helps to stop itching. So it hasn't had the use I brought it for but has been rather an essential.

Champneys Vitamiracle Hand & Nail Cream (75ml), a hand cream is always an essential in my opinion, and especially if you're walking and have the occasional rock to scramble over with your hands, which at the end of the day need some TLC. I like this Champneys one as it isn't too greasy and it also claims to have pro-vitamins that strengthen your nails, so a good all round hand cream.

Charles Worthington Hair Healer, as I seem to be washing my hair everyday after a sweaty days walking this has been a lifesaver in keeping my hair healthy and not looking too dry. It also makes it smell like a hairdressers, and leaves my hair looking in better condition than at the start of my holiday.

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer (30ml), this mini has been great at refereshing my face, I have even spritzed it over my minimal walking makeup, which gives my face an instant boost! I love this stuff and its great that I got this mini when I brought some more of the Cleanse & Polish as it's the perfect traveling size. 

What products do your take on your holidays? What are your holiday beauty essentials?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment