Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

In colour Cherish
Whilst have a wander in Superdrug just before my holiday I noticed that the Revlon stand had the new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and at a special introductory price of £5.99 instead of their usual price of £7.99. After swatching all the colours on the back of my hand it was clear for me it was a toss up between Darling and Cherish, as they were quite similar colours, and in the end I settled on Cherish. I did think about buying both and then the voice of reason in my head told me I don't need two similar colours of the same product, so I walked away from the stand and quickly paid for Cherish before I changed my mind!

These are meant to be a bit of a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks, I have to say I haven't tried any of the Chubby Sticks as I could never justify paying the £16 for one so I have stayed clear so I can't be tempted. However the Revlon ones at £7.99 (or £5.99 if you get it on the promotion) are a much affordable alternative. There are 7 colours in the range they have brought over to the UK, a wider range of colours is available if you live in the US, and I have seen them at both my local Boots and Superdrug, but my local Superdrug had 6 of the colours, whilst my local Boots only had 4! But my local Boots did have a colour Superdrug didn't have, so between the two shops you should be able to find all 7 colours.

As for the product itself, it looks like a giant crayon which you can wind up, and the packaging comparison to the Chubby Sticks is uncanny! The balm stain smells minty, I'm not sure if its closer to spearmint or peppermint, maybe peppermint, but it is definitely minty. After doing countless swatches on my hand and going for a light colour because I have very pale skin, I did find that after apply it to my lip the colour looked a lot darker, but that may be just because of my skin tone. Cherish looks like a light bubblegum pink on my hand and on my lips it turns into a brighter pink, and maybe not too everyday wearable. The balm quality is good, but I would not use is as an alternative to a lip balm, I tend to put a lip balm on before this. The colour lasts well but after a while turns a bit dry, which would probably be the stain quality to it, I have found over the day it starts to wear out from the middle and as this colour looks quite bright it went a bit crazy chunky lip linerish, which I sorted by reapplying.

Overall I do like these, probably not enough to go buy another colour unless they bring out a nude, like the US colour Charm as I do find it a bit bright for one of the palest colours in the range. But if you like chubby sticks and find £16 a bit much for a different colour these are a great substitute.

Have you tried the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains? What do you think? What is your favourite shade?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment