Thursday, July 26, 2012

YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat

DSC01784 DSC01786 DSC01793  DSC01805

Le Teint Touche Éclat is the new foundation lauched by YSL earlier this month, based on their famous Touche Éclat, it is an illuminating foundation meant to highlight any contours and enhance your natural beauty. It has been 20 years in the making but it's finally here! I managed to pick up a sample to give it a test drive.

Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation with a voucher that you printed off. I got mine at my nearest YSL counter and the YSL counter lady was very nice and took the time to match me with my correct shade. I wanted something that matched my skin tone, not something a bit darker, and in my last hunt for foundation I found colour matching a particular challenge for me as not many counters went as light as my skin tone. However the YSL lady did well and matched me with BR10, one of the lightest if not the lightest they do, but this matches my paleness very well. This is a good start YSL!

On to the foundation itself, it's very nice and easy to apply, I placed a few dots around my face and buffed it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush and it went on like a dream. Recently my skin has been very dry and I've been having a real love hate with my current foundation (Bobbi Brown skin foundation) as its not working with my dry skin and looking very patchy and flaky, I have even changed my moisturiser 3 times! In Bobbi Brown Alabaster 00 is such an excellent colour match to my skin, but I think this new YSL in BR10 is a very similar colour but is sitting so much better on my skin! My face felt so smooth and flawless, and best of all not dry flaky patches! It has light to medium coverage, which is my personal preference, and the only negative I have to say is that it doesn't last as long as my Bobbi Brown one, but as it seems to agree with my skin better so this can be overlooked, and there are ways to fix this which I didn't use, eg primers and powders as I wanted to test the foundation itself not hiding under or over other products

Overall I might actually go buy this full size, but I will use up my sample first then make my decision, but it is looking likely. It's £28, which is what I paid for my Bobbi Brown one, so not a bad price at all and it can be brought from all YSL counters.

Have you tried Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation yet? What is your opinion?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment