Monday, July 9, 2012

Manicure Monday: Essie Cute as a Button


I want to start a feature on my blog and as nail varnish is my favourite beauty product (I'm actually obsessed with the stuff!) Manicure Monday is the feature I'm going with. It will host a combination of just plain nail polish colours, along with simple nail designs, and a few nail art tutorials. Nothing the beauty addict won't be able to do!

I know I should have done something a little more interesting for the first post, but as I'm away in the Lake District this week with limited Internet connection and nail resources, I have kept it simple. Just a colour this week and I have chosen Essie's Cute as a Button to wear most of the week I'm away. This is a nice cheery summery colour to counter the weather which has been forecast to rain all week long! 

Cute as a Button is described as being a pinky coral but I would say it is more on the pink side but does have a hint of coral to it. It is very bright and I would describe it as being on the verge of a neon but with a creamier finish to it and not as quite in your face colour as a neon would be. It is a perfect summery pink and I can see why it is one of the top selling colours. I got this from Boots in Essie's new diffusion line which has not been available in the UK for long. When I saw a small stand with 6 of Essie's top sellers in my small local boots, got very excited and bought 2 straight away, Cute as a Button and Mint Candy Apple. I then discovered that there is a big Essie stand in the Boots in Kingston, which is my local big shopping town, YAY! And I'm sure every time I go shopping there I will be tempted to pick up another Essie for my collection. Have you tried Cute as a Button? What is your favourite Essie shade?
signature4


6414628455_d375efb7ef_o

No comments:

Post a Comment